What you Need :
- 1 1/2 cups purple hull peas cooked and drained, chilled
- 2 1/2 cups steamed rice, chilled
- 1-2 green peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
How to Make It :
- In a large bowl combine peas, rice, pepper, tomato, celery and green onions. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, thyme, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir oil mixture into pea mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add more lemon juice if a little more punch is needed. Garnish with crumbled bacon. Serve chilled
Recipe adapted from Melissa Peterson