What you Need :
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3-4 green peppers
- 1/4 cup tomato juice or water
How to Make It :
- Sauté onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, and cayenne in oil over medium-low heat. Make sure not to burn the spices or garlic. Mix in tomatoes, corn, and salt. Simmer until the corn is tender.
- In a separate, large bowl lightly beat eggs. Continue to beat in cheese and milk. Mix in sautéed vegetables.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Leaving the stems on the peppers will help the peppers hold their shape during baking.
- Stuff the pepper halves and then place in a baking dish. Pour tomato juice or water onto the bottom of the dish.
- Tightly cover the top of the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
Best served over rice and topped with fresh cilantro, tomatoes, or more cheese.
Recipe adapted from World Peas Food Hub: