What you Need :
- 1 cup of dry quinoa – cook as per the package instructions
- 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 1 5 oz bag of baby arugula
- 2 medium sized carrots – grated
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- ½ cup of golden raisins
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 2 oz feta cheese – cubed
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 squeeze of honey – about 1 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make It :
- Cook the quinoa as per the package instructions. Add 1 bouillon cube to the water before it begins to boil. When quinoa is done – drain if necessary and turn out onto a baking sheet to cool.
- Wash and dry arugula. Give arugula a rough chop so the leaves aren’t so difficult to eat. Add arugula to a large bowl.
- Grate carrots using the fine side of a grater. Add to the large bowl.
- Add almonds and raisins to the bowl.
- Open can, drain chickpeas and peel off skins (if you feel like it). To peel, just squeeze chickpea slightly and it will slip right out of it’s skin. Add chickpeas to the bowl.
- Dice feta and set aside.
- Whisk lemon, olive oil, honey and black pepper together.
- Toss cooled quinoa with ingredients in the large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Add feta and lightly toss so feta doesn’t completely break up
Recipe adapted from: Green Valley Kitchen