What you Need :
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 2 ears corn (kernels cut from cob)
- 1 pinch ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons mezcal or tequila
- 2 medium peaches
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- juice from one lime
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1/4 cup queso fresco (diced)
- fresh cilantro (chopped; optional
How to Make It :
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and shallot and cook until almost translucent. Add corn and stir; cook for 5 more minutes and stir occasionally. Add ancho chile powder, salt, and pepper to taste, and deglaze the pan with mezcal or tequila.
- Set aside. Combine peaches, sugar, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Add diced tomatoes, avocado, and queso fresco to a bowl along with fresh cilantro, if using. Combine it with peach mixture and corn mixture. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with chips.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Chubby Vegetarian: http://chubbyvegetarian.blogspot.com/2013/07/peach-salsa.html