What you Need :
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted, peeled (optional), each sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, torn
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
How to Make :
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients to make the filling.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients to make the topping. Use fingers to rub in butter so mixture becomes crumbly.
- Divide filing into four 5 1/2-inch baking dishes. Spread topping evenly onto each dish.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Can be served with heavy cream, whipped cream, or ice cream if desired.
Recipe courtesy of: Martha Stewart Living