What you Need :
- 1 lb small red potatoes (quartered) or fingerlings (halved lengthwise)
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
How to Make It :
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and chill.
- In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add green beans and blanch until bright green and just tender. Drain and place green beans in ice water. Drain. Cut beans into 1-inch pieces. Chill.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and shallots. Stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine chilled potatoes, green beans, red onion, and dill. Drizzle with lemon dressing and toss to coat, adding more dressing as needed. Chill, covered to let flavors combine, 15 minutes to overnight.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Melissa Peterson