What you Need :
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- About 3/4 pound antibiotics-free and organic free-range chicken breast
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (red or green)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard, cleaned, stems removed, and roughly chopped
How to Make It :
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium high heat and add the chicken. Cook until the chicken has seared on the outside.
- Add the carrots, and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onion and ginger, sauté for another 2 minutes, and then add the garlic, curry, cumin and chili powder. Stir and let the spices toast for a minute, and then add the coconut milk. Fill the coconut milk can with water and add it in the pot. Let the mixture simmer for about 20 min.
- Add the chickpeas and Swiss chard to the pot and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken curry steaming hot with a bowl of rice.
Recipe adapted from: DiepLicious