What you Need :
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into ½ inch wedges or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large, ripe figs, stems removed, cut into quarters
- 4-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
How to Make It :
- Combine the tomatoes, figs, basil and onion in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle the salad with the olive oil and splash the vinegar over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss the ingredients together and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Melissa Peterson